Coordinator for Children & Youth Ministries
St. James Episcopal Church, Amesbury, MA and St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Newburyport, MA seek a Coordinator for our Children and Youth Ministries which include our K-5 and middle school church school programs, teen and young adult programs, and related children-youth-family activities. We seek a person who possesses an enthusiasm for the Christian education and spiritual formation of children and young people. It is the aim of our youth programs to nurture and develop in our young people an ever growing awareness of their relationship with God in Christ and each other through worship, scripture, fellowship and service.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but will not necessarily be limited to:
- Evaluate, supplement and implement current education programs in collaboration with trained volunteers at each church. Each church uses different curriculums presently, but there is opportunity for these to be integrated and/or supplemented under a shared Coordinator.
- Manage and coordinate programs for families with infants and young children including Cherub Church and pre-baptismal sessions.
- Plan and coordinate programs for teens including strengthening connections to the Youth Leadership Academy and Diocesan Youth Council.
- Create and manage a calendar of lessons and events for the program year.
- Coordinate trainings for volunteer teachers and assistants.
- Oversee church school registration and ongoing communications with parents and families.
- Manage budget for Christian Education Program including maintenance and purchase of supplies.
- Communicate regularly with Rector, Vestry and Parish Administrator.
- Enroll and track Safe Church Training and CORI administration.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with teaching, classroom management, and/or youth programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and rapport with children, youth and families.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Strong communication and networking skills, especially with online communications.
- Working knowledge of computer applications: Spreadsheets, documents, e-mail, etc.
- A commitment to the Christian faith and teaching, especially with children and youth.
- If not an Episcopalian, the candidate will be willing to support the basics of our tradition.
- Certification in Godly Play and/or Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is preferred, but may be obtained later.
- A CORI check and completion of Safe Church training will be required after hiring.
Time and Pay: To Apply:
Up to 19 hours a week year round, (with significant Submit resume & references to:
down time June-August). The Rev. Martha Hubbard,
$20 per hour, not to exceed $18,000 per year email@example.com and
The Rev. John Satula, stjames.Frjohn@verizon.net